Yay, it’s humpday! Today I am going to share with you a crazy good (and addictive) granola recipe! You’ll be surprised at how easy and fast this recipe is, I know I sure was!
One thing I love to do is cook/bake! I am almost always in the kitchen testing out new recipes and experimenting with new foods. For me, it’s something I enjoy and find so pleasurable. Every now and then my friends and I will even get together and try out new recipes- talk about major fun right there! Or, if I find something sooo good and absolutely love I’ll stop what I’m doing and text it to my friend right then and there (hey Miranda, that’s you ;))!
One way I find great recipes is by following food bloggers on Instagram, or, another is finding them in health food cookbooks. The recipe that I’m sharing with you today is adapted from Rachel Mansfield‘s blog, but of course, I put my own twist on it 😉 It’s chocolaty, peanut buttery, crunchy, and crazy good!
Granola is such a great thing because of how easy and versatile it is. You can have it for breakfast, as a snack, use it as a topping, or you know, use it to cure all other major problems… haha if only 😉 Okay, now onto the recipe…
What you’ll need:
Microwave safe bowl
Ingredients you’ll need:
1/4 cup natural peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup, or less if desired
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbs cacao powder
2 1/2 cups gf oats, or regular oats
1/2 c quinoa/ amaranth mix, or sub in more oats
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees, then line the 8x 10 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the cacao powder, oats and quinoa/ amaranth blend in the mixing bowl and set side.
- Place the coconut oil, peanut butter, and maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and then microwave for another 30 seconds. After, mix all the ingredients together and make sure the coconut oil is melted all the way through. Add the vanilla, stir, and then pour over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Stir all ingredients together with the spatula and then pour onto the lined pan. Spread out the mixture evenly and pat down with the spatula. The thicker you have it patted down the more clusters/ chunks there will be- do so according to preference.
- Once done place in the oven for 15 minutes. After the 15 minute mark take out and stir. This helps ensure that it gets cooked all the way through. Place back in the oven for another 7-10 minutes and then take out.
- Once the granola has cooled you can place it in a container and store in the fridge for up to a week.
And there ya have it! A quick, simple, and easy recipe. You can now have this granola with almond milk, dairy-free yogurt, on top of oatmeal, or just grab a handful for a snack. Anyway you have it I’m sure you could do no wrong- enjoy!
And, as always, have a great day!!