HOLY COW FRIENDS I have officially been blogging for one solid year now, how exciting is that?! I would just like to start off with a thank you! Thank you for sticking around and seeing what I have to post each and every week. I appreciate it more than you probably know! 🙂
In this wild ride of a year I have learned so much and have made so many great connections! I am so thankful for it all! Trying something new can be a challenge, but it’s always worth it in the end! For todays post, I thought it would be kind of fun to round up a few key things I learned throughout the year. And don’t worry, they aren’t only pertained to blogging, they fit life in general too!
So, read on and enjoy! I am excited to see what the next year brings!
1. Stepping out of your comfort zone is exhilarating and rewarding! Creating this blog was my way of trying something new. I love following bloggers and always thought it would be fun to create one of my own, so I did! I am really putting myself out here and being vulnerable and real all the time, and you know what? it feels amazing! Try stepping out of your comfort zone sometime and see how it makes you feel! I bet you’ll feel more alive. 😉
2. When you really value and love something, you’ll make time for it, always. There have been countless times where I have put off writing my blog post for the week and waited until the last minute to do it. I often tell myself, “it’s okay if I skip this week, I don’t really need to post” but then after that, I realize that I actually do want to write and have a post go up. Even if it’s just writing a simple little post on Sunday night, I am still determined to have something go up. I love what I do so much that I want to stay accountable to myself and be in the right mindset! Find something you love and stick with it!
3. Stop caring about what others think and just do you! The second I stopped caring about what others thought of me was the second I started fully living my life. And really, the truth of the reality is no one is actually thinking of you in the way you think they are. Live your life for you and only you! Do things that make you happy and make you feel good! Block the haters out and surround yourself with the love and support you deserve!
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. I wrote a whole post about this here, and it’s so true! We aren’t meant to do everything on our own. It’s more than okay to ask for help when you need it! And to go along with that, don’t be afraid to give help and to receive help from someone when they offer it, and remember, always say thank you! 😉
5. It’s okay to put yourself out there and talk about yourself. This kind of goes along with not caring what others think about you, but it relates more to sharing who you are and what your story is. Don’t get embarrassed to talk about yourself and what your passion, goals, and dreams are! The more you share your story the more people want to support you and cheer you on! But, more than anything, what ever you do, don’t ever put yourself down/ dumb yourself down. Own who you are and talk about the things you have accomplished that you have worked long and hard for, #GetItGirl! (and guy ;)) You deserve to get recognized and known for all your hard work, so don’t be afraid to talk about it when people ask! 🙂
6. Comparison kills. The grass is always greener on the other side, only as long as we are looking for it! Sure, it would be really easy for me to compare my blog to others but the thing is, I’m not them and they aren’t me. We are all on different journeys and we are right where we need to be. Same goes for everyone in general, keep your eyes on your prize and don’t compare yourself to others. There is nothing worse than comparing ourselves to others and then feeling down and out for who we are/ what we have. Comparison kills, so just don’t do it.
7. Trust your gut and listen to your first instinct. You know when you ask someone for an opinion and they say one thing but you really wanted them to say another, yeah that’s my point. Tune in and listen to yourself more often and see what you have to say. No one knows yourself better than you, so why not listen a little more? We always have an initial reaction to everything, so go with your gut and listen to your first instinct.
8. Be confident with who you are and love yourself! There is nothing more beautiful than holding yourself poise and walking with confidence. Be proud of who you are and hold that head up high, tell yourself that you are beautiful and lovable, and be you! Never be afraid to try out a new style, make a major life decision, or tell someone you love them. Do it all with confidence and you’ve got it down.
9.NEVER stop learning, growing, and challenging yourself. And no, not just learning in school. Read books, have a mentor, ask questions, try something new, challenge people, do your own research, create your own opinions, and don’t be afraid to say no. The best learning lessons come from mistakes of our own, so don’t be afraid to make those either! 😉
10. Learn to laugh at yourself! Laugh and just brush things off because life will go on, I promise! I have made A TON of spelling mistakes, grammar errors and what not and I so appreciate when someone lets me know. Rather than just getting embarrassed or mad at myself, I just laugh and continue on with my day. Life is meant to be enjoyed and not getting hung up on the little things. And same goes for when you are walking down the side walk and trip over your own feet, ha! Just smile and laugh it off! If anything, you made someone else smile for it too!
And there we have it! A fun little summary of a few things I learned in my first year of blogging! I hope you enjoyed thing post becasue it was a fun one to write and think about! And with the new year just beginning, a big and happy NEW YEAR to you! I wish you all the happiness and success in the world! I hope this is your biggest and best year ever and I mean it! And for now…
Have a great day!
And P.S. these are my beautiful friends who just happen to be my co-workers! We had a fun photoshoot the other day by the beautiful and talented Alice Hq Photography!